DairyFlox® coagulants and flocculants are Australia’s leading polymers for the treatment of wastewater from milk and dairy products manufacturing. We have an extensive range of chemistries specifically developed for various dairy processes including:
- Milk & cream
- Milk powders
- Yogurt & sour cream
- Cheese & butter
- Ice cream
The Science Developments Difference
Our business philosophy of achieving innovation and challenging the conventional wisdom is very well demonstrated with our success in the dairy sector.
Recognising the inherent weaknesses of the conventional treatment method of ‘acid splitting’, DairyFlox® was developed over an 8 year R & D program and offers significant operational and cost advantages for dairy processers. DairyFlox® captures milk fats and proteins from wastewater at neutral pH (6 to 9), yielding a high quality clarified effluent for discharge.
Why DairyFlox® is better
By treating dairy factory wastewater at neutral pH instead of the conventional “acid splitting” technique at pH 4-5, the following advantages are delivered.
- Cost savings via the significant reduction (and at times elimination) of acid and alkali usage
- Cost savings via the reduction of sludge volumes. Importantly, DairyFlox® chemistry produces a much dryer sludge – typically about 18%-22% dry solids content straight off the DAF plant. This means that sludge volumes are reduced by about 50% compared to traditional “acid splitting”, resulting in approximately 50% savings in sludge transport and disposal costs.
- Cost savings via lower water quality charges in final discharge to sewer
- Significantly less salts in your final effluent via the reduction of acids and alkali
- Reduced risk of environmental incidents
- Improved operator safety through less exposure to dangerous goods
Our products consist primarily of copolymers of natural polysaccharides and synthetic organic compounds. We manufacture advanced copolymers for dairy applications at our Sydney factory using purpose-built equipment. This highly efficient cost of manufacture benefits customers through lower operating treatment costs.
Dairy Wastewater Expertise
With over 20 years’ experience working with the leading dairy groups in Australia, we hold extensive understanding of dairy wastewater benchmarks and best practices, and can provide
- high levels of technical expertise to determine the best chemistry for your specific application,
- Ongoing technical support in optimising dosing and performance on-site,
- Operator training, and
- Management reporting of operating performance and cost